Subject: [boost] Potential contribution scenarios?
From: Miguel Coimbra (miguel.e.coimbra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-03 17:19:57

​​
Dear Community,

This is my first post, apologies if I am breaking any rule with this.

I've wanted to learn and improve my C++ skills for some time now. Learning
more about Boost's usage and contributing to it has been on my mind.

As a Ph.D student (Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal), I became aware
of Boost's participation in Google's Summer of Code and read up on some of
Boost's past projects.

Two ideas of GSoC2015 in particular caught my attention:

- Concurrent Hash Tables - Mentor: Niall Douglas
- Boost Document Library development - Mentor: Antony Polukhin

I have been looking for direct contacts to learn about some of these ideas
(Niall Douglas and Antony Polukhin, respectively) from 2015's Google Summer
of Code to find out more, but was unsuccessful so far.
While the first idea was not put into practice, the second one was
undertaken (by Anurag Ghosh if I am not mistaken).

Would anyone be able to point me in a direction to learn more about the
state of work on these two ideas (specially the Document Library) and (if
possible) if they are available for me to pick up and look into ways of
contributing? Perhaps querying the mentors of those ideas for feedback?

Thank you very much for your time,

Kind regards,

Miguel E. Coimbra