Subject: Re: [boost] [review][qvm] QVM formal review report
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-05 11:01:32

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> - The identifiers should be made more verbose. This is true both for
>> function names as well as identifers containing "q"/"v"/"m" parts. The
>> former should be replaced with full words, e.g. "transp" -> "transpose".
>> The latter should be replaced at least with "qua"/"quat"/"vec"/"mat"
>> respectively, so e.g. "v_traits" -> "vector_traits"/"vec_traits", "col_m"
>> -> "col_mat", etc.
>>
> Does this include header file names?

I'd say that it depends if those header files are intended to be
included by the users. If the users are encouraged to include them
manually then I'd make the name as intuitive as possible. If these are
headers containing the internals automatically included by some other
higher-level header then it doesn't matter that much. However have in
mind that the maintainer won't be the only one who will be working with
them as there will be other contributors for sure. And in general it's
good to use the same naming scheme in the whole library.

Adam