Subject: Re: [boost] expected/result/etc
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-27 16:37:21

On 27.1.2016. 3:19, Michael Marcin wrote:
> On 1/26/2016 4:03 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:
>> On 26 Jan 2016 at 0:16, Michael Marcin wrote:
>>
>>> Some months ago there was a lot of discussion regarding Rust style
>>> return values for non-exceptional error handling.
>>
>> Mine was one of many discussed. Its current name is Outcome.
>
> I like the name.

Me too (nice 'find' Niall;) ...but then again that may be because I'm
'into' the subject so I know what is meant by it. From the POV of a 'new
user' or 'trying not to invent new buzzwords that C++ devs have to
memorize' an overly verbose but more obvious name like result_or_error
or fallible_result that I currently use in Err might be 'better'...so
yes...bikeshedding...:-D

In case you missed it, you can also take a look @:
https://github.com/psiha/err
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/err-RFC-td4681600.html

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology,
spiritual devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a