Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] Is there any interest in C++14 Boost.MSM-eUML like library which compiles up to 60x quicker whilst being a slightly faster too?
From: Kris (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-04 05:56:29

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Rob Stewart [via Boost] <
ml-node+s2283326n4683202h81_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On February 3, 2016 3:48:14 PM EST, Kris <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4683202&i=0>> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Actually msm-lite, since today, supports almost this syntax. There are
> > pre/post fix notations available.
> > src_state + event [guard] / action = dst_state
> > or
> > dst_state <= src_state + event [guard] / action
>
> Why = for the one and <= for the other? Can't you use = for both?

Fair point, its not really consistent, is it?
The initial idea was to have <= in the prefix notation and => in the
postfix one. However the latter had to become >= which was quite awkward.
I guess it can be changed into.

dst = src + event [guard] / action
and
src + event[guard] / action = dst

I'm just not sure whether this approach is not confusing as we have the
same syntax for both notations, but sometimes src and sometimes dst is used
on the left side?
Do you think, if it possible, it would be better to use = for both
notations?