Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] Is there any interest in C++14 Boost.MSM-eUML like library which compiles up to 60x quicker whilst being a slightly faster too?
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-05 17:39:04

On February 4, 2016 5:56:29 AM EST, Kris <krzysztof_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Rob Stewart [via Boost] <
> ml-node+s2283326n4683202h81_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On February 3, 2016 3:48:14 PM EST, Kris <[hidden email]
> > <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4683202&i=0>> wrote:
> >
> > > There are pre/post fix notations available.
> > > src_state + event [guard] / action = dst_state
> > > or
> > > dst_state <= src_state + event [guard] / action
> >
> > Why = for the one and <= for the other? Can't you use = for both?
>
> The initial idea was to have <= in the prefix notation and => in the
> postfix one. However the latter had to become >= which was quite
> awkward.
> I guess it can be changed into.
>
> dst = src + event [guard] / action
> and
> src + event[guard] / action = dst
>
> I'm just not sure whether this approach is not confusing as we have
> the same syntax for both notations, but sometimes src and sometimes
> dst is used on the left side?
> Do you think, if it possible, it would be better to use = for both
> notations?

It is rather odd to see so much on the left side of the assignment. We're accustomed to the shift operators being used directionally by IOStreams, so what about the following?

dst << src + event [guard] / action
src + event[guard] / action >> dst

[snip quoted snips, signature block, and more]

Please don't quote irrelevant content on this list.

___
Rob