Subject: [boost] Interest in double ended containers
From: Benedek Thaler (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-16 12:56:01

Dear Boost,

I'd like to draw attention to my double_ended library, founded by GSoC
2015. It provides two containers, briefly described below. Given
there's interest, I'd like to propose this library later.

Documentation: http://erenon.hu/double_ended/
Source: https://github.com/erenon/double_ended

Short overview:

`devector` is a hybrid of the standard vector and deque containers, as
well as the `small_vector` of Boost.Container. It offers cheap
(amortized constant time) insertion at both the front and back ends,
while also providing the regular features of `std::vector`, in
particular the contiguous underlying memory. In contrast to the
standard vector, however, `devector` offers greater control over its
internals. Like `small_vector`, it can store elements internally
without dynamically allocating memory.

`batch_deque` is very similar to the standard `deque`, with a slight
twist. It lets you specify its segment size: The size of the
contiguous memory segments it uses to store its elements. This
provides a consistent layout across platforms, and lets you iterate
over the segments with batch operations.

Thanks,
Benedek