Subject: [boost] [doc] Liven up Boost Documentation with Java Script?
From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-24 09:50:13

Dear Boosters,

I'm writing to ask about your opinion regarding more interactive
documentation for Boost.

I know already that some of you would like to see online documentation
without Java Script and that's absolutely fine and I agree that
documentation should be available for anyone and any configuration.

Nevertheless, I would like to know what the Boost community thinks about
having following
features in the documentation...

* Run the code online (allows to check library with one click)
* Comments (allows commenting on the documentation)
* Chats (allows discussing issues and solutions)

Personally, I have found above features extremely useful when checking out
other languages/libraries and therefore I have implemented solutions for
C++ too.

Please, check it out (JS is required)...
http://boost-experimental.github.io/msm-lite
http://boost-experimental.github.io/di

If there is an interest I can provide generic solution to allow developers
to write documentation
using markdown (mkdocs) and simply integrate it with their libraries.
Currently, theme is just slightly modified version of readthedocs, however
Paul Fultz II has prepared a boost theme for Fit library (
https://github.com/pfultz2/mkdocs-boost) already and it might be easily
integration with the JS facilities provided.

Cheers, Kris