Subject: Re: [boost] [Block.Pointer][Container] List node allocator
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-01 09:21:59

On 03/01/2016 08:14 AM, Phil Bouchard wrote:

> Sorry I forgot that the header node is instantiated on the stack. Smart
> pointers pointing to objects on the stack doesn't work so therefore
> modifications to the Container API will be needed to support smart
> pointers.

Also once that works I could define some typedefs:

namespace boost
{

namespace container
{

template <typename T>
        using block_list<T> = list<T, block_allocator<T>>;

template <typename T>
        using block_vector<T> = vector<T, block_allocator<T>>;

[...]

}

}

Boost will then be the underlying library of choice for all other
languages relying on the current state of garbage collectors.

-Phil