Subject: Re: [boost] [clang][preprocessor] Testing of clang emualting the VC++ preprocessor on Windows
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-05 09:59:48

Hi Andrey,

I don't think Google is an adequate example. From what I've seen,
> their coding policy is rather primitive and until recent attempts to
> cautiously use select C++11 features it was mostly C with classes.
> Boost, on the other hand, has always used C++ to its full power. No
> wonder that many weaker compilers choke at Boost.

The point I was trying to make was not whether or not google writes good
code (it seems they have 50k commits a day, you seem to dismiss that
readily), but rather that it apparently is possible to have a fruitfull
dialog with M$ about bugs in their latest compiler, herewith suggesting
that boost enter into a dialog with M$. I would think that boost carries
certainly more weight than the google chrome project.

On the other hand, if everybody here, as it seems to be the case, is stuck
in "the glass is half empty mode" and "let's keep looking backwards",
things will not progress, which I think is a shame, in the case of the
(native) use of clang(-cl.exe) on windows, as it, notwithstanding the fact
that they (clang) are prostituting themselves out to M$'es bad practices,
produces great executables (VC doesn't stand a chance) and at the same time
is very instructional and helpfull into helping people to write conformant
code. Yes, I got it: "the M$-PP is shit (or crap)", now let's move forward.

degski

--
(\___/)
(+'.'+)