Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.61.0 Beta 1
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-05 21:21:25

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > process,

> > > We're trying another hosting service. I added links to the website
> > > yesterday, sorry that was a bit slow.
> > >
> > > https://bintray.com/boostorg/release/boost/1.61.0.beta.1/view
> > >

> > Can we put the windows binary builds up there as well?
> > I had already uploaded them to sourceforge since no one told me the
> process
> > had changed.
> >

> Sure.. Can you go here <https://bintray.com/boostorg> and hit the join
> button near the top. So I can give you access to upload the binaries.

Well that was a bust. They don't allow files > 250MB on the site. Several
of the windows packages are bigger than that.

I vote that we go back to sourceforge for our primary download site, they
don't have problems like this. They've also been doing a pretty good job
at cleaning up their reputation over the last few weeks.
If we want to support two sites one for the source and one for the
binaries, I don't think that's the end of the world, but I don't see it as
ideal. Either way, can we also upload the source releases there even if it
isn't the primary place to go? There are lots of links all over the
internet that are pointing people there for downloads of boost, it would be
sad if people following those only saw the old versions.

Tom