Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-14 13:56:45

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 12:37:47 PM UTC-5, Rene Rivera wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Louis Dionne <ldio..._at_[hidden]
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

> > Don't overthink it. All I'm saying is that the Boost guidelines
> recommend
> > that
> > CMakeLists.txt should appear in $some_library/build/CMakeLists.txt,
> while I
> > argue that current practice is to put it in
> $some_library/CMakeLists.txt.
> >

> Just to be clear. It's not a recommendation. It's a requirement.

Of course, Boost.Hana and Boost.Compute both put the cmake in the top-level
so
there is no tooling or infrastructure that is broken because of it. Even
more
so, tooling and infrastructure can be broken by following boost requirements
for organization. So it would be best for boost to reconsider its
organization
requirements in this regard.