Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-16 13:45:07

On 4/16/16 10:32 AM, Hans Dembinski wrote:

> I find that quite useful.

This is very gratifying to me.

> I hope this is not a misunderstanding. I wrote my first message to agree
> with you that it is not weird or very awkward to have just one
> CMakeLists.txt in the build directory, even if it is a bit non-standard.
> I can't say much about the more complex arguments brought forward in
> this thread.

I didn't misunderstand and I appreciate the support. I spent a fair
amount of time trying make a simple solution. I found lot's of scripts,
libraries, advice, etc. etc. But none of it boiled things down to the
minimal essentials. One result is that my advice doesn't really address
the case compiled libraries. I didn't addresses that because I couldn't
figure a way to make it simple and most libraries are header only and
the current advice was "good enough". But now I realize I could
maintain the same simplicity, support libraries which have to be
compiled and perhaps address the concerns raised in this thread.