Subject: Re: [boost] [1.61.0] Master branch is closed
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-21 02:39:00

On 4/21/2016 1:24 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 20/04/2016 21:17, Vladimir Prus a écrit :
>>
>> Boosters,
>>
>> The master branch is now closed for all changes, except by permission from a release manager.
>> Per schedule, the branch will be totally frozen on Saturday.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I've come back from vacations (last Sunday) and I believed that the version 1.61 was already released.
>
> I have fixed two major bugs and some doc issues that I would like to merge into the master branch.
>
> Could I do the merge on Friday if the develop regressions are good?

Vicente,

you've listed quite a large number of changes in your email, including some merge commits. This
looks like too large change to merge when the master branch is closed. Possibly, you've copy-pasted
something from GitHub interface, and it did not came across as intended.

If you believe there are truly horrible bugs that would regress boost.thread, could you specifically
list those bugs, along with commits fixing those bugs specifically - and we can cherry-pick those
changes if so warranted.

> The commits are the following:
> viboes
> <https://github.com/boostorg/thread/commits/develop?author=viboes>
> committed 12 minutes ago

In particular, the above appears to show all your commits on develop, not any
particular commit, so it's hard to understand what you're proposing to merge.

--
Vladimir Prus
http://vladimirprus.com