Subject: Re: [boost] [1.61.0] Master branch is closed
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-22 12:16:57

On 4/22/16 8:31 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 4/20/16 12:17 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>

>>> Boosters,
>>>
>>> The master branch is now closed for all changes, except by permission
>>> from a release manager.
>>> Per schedule, the branch will be totally frozen on Saturday.
>>>

>> Yesterday I was informed by a beta tester for version 1.61 of a regression
>> in the master branch of the serialization library. This was not detected
>> by any of my tests (as far as I know. The test matrix shows some failures,
>> but doesn't reveal their cause). In any case it's a very serious issue.
>> If this is released, xml archives created with this version may not be
>> readable in the future.
>>
>> I made a fix, tested it on the compilers I have at my disposal and pushed
>> the changes to the develop branch. I did this yesterday in the hope of
>> getting results on the develop branch test matrix so I could merge (after
>> getting permission) today. But it seems that since I did the upload
>> yesterday, no tests have been run on the develop branch. So I'm stuck. I
>> could merge this directly to master - and I'm willing to do this if asked,
>> but I would prefer to stick with my original plan.
>>
>> I apologize for creating this problem. It's exactly the kind of thing
>> that I give other people a hard time for.
>>
>> I absolutely need to get this into the master before release.
>

> Which commit is it?

it is the very latest one on the develop branch = 3eb2bda

> If it's small enough we likely would say yes..

It's basically a change in one function. It is the only change.

> And we
> are planning on testing final archives on Sunday. So you at least have
> through Saturday end of day (US day that is) to wait and see if some master
> test results run.

I'm willing to do whatever is most convenient for you guys. Ideally I'd
like to see at least a few test results on develop, merge to master and
see at least a few results there.

Robert Ramey