Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-18 22:23:13

Mikhail Strelnikov <mikhail.strelnikov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
> I want to remind you that this started with "The requirement that these
> libraries not include a 'CMakeLists.txt' as part of their Boost
> distribution creates a maintenance burden for authors or otherwise hurts
> usability of the independent distribution."
>
> But now it is obvious Hana will need two CMakeLists.txt and somehow this is
> not "a maintenance burden".

^ What Paul said. What I meant was simply that if Boost was to make a move to
CMake, Hana's CMakeLists.txt file would change to reflect the best practice
that we would have agreed on. But Boost is not moving to CMake, and all that
we're asking is for the guidelines not to prohibit having a CMakeLists.txt
file at the root of a library. One step at a time.

Regards,
Louis