Subject: Re: [boost] Link problem
From: Alex Perry (Alex.Perry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-19 06:55:51

On 18 May 2016 07:08 Adolfo [mailto:adolfomu0000_at_[hidden]] wrote:

> I am quite newbie on this and perhaps this is quite simple, sorry for
> the trouble.

I'm replying to the digest so apologies if this is already answered by someone else

> I am using VSC++ 2012, I have the boost version boost_1_60_0 and I have
>
> Error 1 error LNK1104: no se puede abrir el archivo
> 'libboost_regex-vc110-mt-gd-1_60.lib'
>
> I have realised that in my ...\boost_1_60_0\stage\lib directory, all the
> .lib files have names like libboost_*-vc140-*-1_60.lib.
>
> Can anybody be so kind of telling me what I did wrong or where I have to
> change this??

It looks as if you have a newer MSVC installed on your computer and boost has been built
using that rather than the VS2012 version you were expecting.

The simplest way to control this is probably to create a user-config.jam file.

So for example on my windows machine I have:
c:\documents and settings\alexp\user-config.jam

which contains

# MSVC configuration
using msvc : 11.0 ;

# Python configuration
using python : 2.7 : c:/Python27 ;

This then selects msvc version 11.0 (VS 2012) to build boost.

Though you can do this via the command-line of b2 if required but I always forget the proper incantation....

HTH

Alex