Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-20 10:52:08

On 5/20/16 2:32 AM, Joseph Van Riper wrote:
> I hope this information on how one small team of developers use this tool
> is useful to you. I'd be happy to answer any questions, if you'd like, on
> our use of boost if it would help guide your collective efforts.

I liked your post. It's easy for us to spend too much time arguing
about what "real users" have to do and what our real constraints are.

Since your company needs to make the effort to keep things up to date
and certify the latest version for your environment anyway, consider
becoming a boost tester. It's a mostly automatic process which does
most or all of what you're doing and it would be very helpful for the
rest of us.

Robert Ramey