Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-22 05:12:29

> I'm running an up-to-date operating system, and I switched to C++ 11 as
> soon as it became viable. I can do that because I'm an individual.
> Organizations move more slowly, and the bigger they are, the slower they
> move.

Not necessarilly, e.g. every Windows OS is built with the (their) latest
compiler... that's why they make it in the first place (at least in the
past)...

> It wouldn't surprise at all to see Visual C++ 6.0 still being used

The fact that this happens doesn't make it anything less than a crime, for
which any CTO should be summarilly executed...

> Wikipedia even says, "Visual C++ 6.0 is still quite popular".

Don't believe everything they say on WP.

The release schedule of gcc is here <https://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html>.
Now have a look and try to figure out why I thought was pretty funny...
(hint: the combination of the words "up-to-date" and "gcc 4.8")...