Subject: [boost] [announcement] GitHub permission changes
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel.pfeifer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 05:35:09

Hi all,

GitHub finally allows us to set permissions on the level of granularity that we always wanted.

When we moved to GitHub, we received many request like "can I please get admin rights to my repository?" We wanted to do that, but it just was not possible. As a workaround, we have created a team per repository and many of those teams had just one member. That way, we could at least give you write access to individual repositories. Not quite what you requested, but at least something.

Anyway, it is now possible to set permissions on a per repository level. I have started to delete the teams with a single member and added the member as the owner of the repository.

How do those changes affect you? As the owner of a repository you have write access as before, but you can also add collaborators, modify the repository descriptions, enable/disable issue tracking and wiki, and so forth.

I will continue this cleanup soon, but I need your input. For teams with multiple members, I don't know whether you want to share ownership or whether you prefer to have a single owner and additional contributors. Please create new issues for that matter: https://github.com/boostorg/admin/issues

Cheers, Daniel