Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in std::get for PODs
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-03 04:57:31

On 3/06/2016 18:27, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> There's a C++14 library that is able to do basic reflections for PODs
> without any macro magic or markup: https://github.com/apolukhin/magic_get

That's pretty cool.

The restriction against pointers to UDTs seems a little odd though; does
that apply to arrays of UDTs as well? Do pointers to built-in types
work, and if so what makes UDTs unsupported?

Personally, I wouldn't use it, because I dislike relying on declared
member order (which is why I'm sad that gcc/C99's named initialisation
*still* hasn't made it into C++). But that's just me; I'm sure it'll be
more useful to others. :)