Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.process] 0.6 Alpha
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-08 16:32:44

Hi,

> That's not possible, so it won't be in the library. It might be added
> to the platform-extensions though, i.e. you could have something like
> the following functions if you include boost/process/posix.hpp or
> boost/process/windows.hpp (needs to be distinguished by #ifdef)
I only partially followed the discussion. I think the starting point of
this was that the library needs a way to kill a child for example to
prevent a deadlock when a pipe breaks, etc. What would in this case be
the default behaviour on linux? I would think that a solution would be
perfectly fine if it behaved as expected on each operating system, even
if the behaviour is different for the different operating systems.