Subject: Re: [boost] [config] msvc-14 config changes heads up
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-03 11:07:33

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 4:25 AM, John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I've just pushed some changes to develop so that MSVC-14.0 update 3 no
> longer defines:
>

> BOOST_NO_CXX14_VARIABLE_TEMPLATES
>
> BOOST_NO_SFINAE_EXPR
>
> BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP

I'm a bit surprised by the removal of BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP. My
understanding, which certainly could be wrong, is that update 3 internally
is doing some of the preliminary work that will enable two-phase name
lookup eventually, but two-phase lookup isn't working yet.

Are you sure that it really is working:-?

OTOH, config isn't meant to be a conformance test, so if lack of two-phase
lookup is not a problem for Boost code, maybe we should not define it.

Because Boost code has to work on clang and gcc, it doesn't surprise me
that you didn't hit any new regressions.

Thanks for working this,

--Beman