Subject: Re: [boost] How to build Boost with VS15
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-01 01:17:47

On 1 October 2016 at 00:59, Olaf van der Spek <ml_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> build.bat (and other stuff) is missing support for VC15 (note: not
> 14/2015), normally the path stuff is taken care of automatically.

The build process works fine on my WIN10.1607 machine with VS2015 - Update
3 (and its' updates) installed. Just to be safe, put the boost source code
in a directory, with a short name, without spaces and preferably in a root.
WIN10.1607 now supports long paths, but this feature is off by default.

Start the command prompt as an administrator from the pulldown VS2015 menu.
Pick the correct 32 or 64 bits environment. Run bootstrap.bat and then
issue your bjam commands.

degski