Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Request for Discussion
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-02 07:21:49

> Boost.Context only builds for mingw if you have a MSVC assembler.

no - if you build boost.context on Windows you can use MSCV or MinGW. The
library selects the assembler tool provided by the compiler, e.g. MSVC ->
MASM, MinGW -> GNU as
please take a look at boost's regression tests - maybe your informations
are up-to-date

> However, the author has refused to accept those patches unfortunately.

the patches were incorrect

> When I build boost on ubuntu for mingw, I disable Boost.Context, which
> would mean disabling Boost.Beast as well.

should not be a problem as long as you provide the correct properties at b2
command line (architecture, address-model, binary-format, abi ...) for
cross compiling.

it is nearly impossible to provide assembler implementations for all
combinations of architecture + address-model + abi + binary format +
compiler/assembler (especially to have those systems to develop on)?
but you are welcome to provide a correct/valid support for your
combination/needs

> Also, Boost.Asio works fine as it doesn’t use Boost.Coroutine nor
> Boost.Context.

boost.asio's spawn/yield uses boost.coroutine and works well too