Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Requesting pre-review of Boost.Outcome tutorial
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-12 12:42:14

Hi,

On 2016-11-12 09:53, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I think what I might do is to relocate the WG21 speak discussion to
> elsewhere and maybe even relocate any mention of expected<T, E> to
> elsewhere. Just focus on an Outcome based design to continue the
> theme you mentioned.

I would appreciate that as well. It might be useful to come up with an
almost trivial example for the two main use-cases you describe:
1. interfacing to an environment that does not allow exceptions
(noexcept)
2. expected errors vs unexpected errors.

Start your documentation with a 5 minute tutorial using these two
examples and discuss everything else afterwards.

Best,
Oswin