Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL] A Proposal
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-16 13:19:52

On 11/15/2016 4:41 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Bruno Dutra wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Edward Diener
>> <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> > and how you change the .travis.yml file to specify one of those
>> versions > ?
>>
>> For an example of how to set up Travis to test on several versions of
>> GCC and Clang, you can take a look at Metal's '.travis.yml' [5], ...
>
> I used Bruno's .travis.yml as a starting point to create a minimal
> Travis configuration with a build matrix that covers several combination
> of g++/clang++ versions and -std settings, and you can see the result here:
>
> https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/blob/develop/.travis.yml

This is very much appreciated but I find Travis CI just confusing in the
difficulty of specifying what compilers/versions should be run on which
OSs, and what is actually available to test. I can of course try to work
with the travis.yml in the link above. There are now your .travis.yml,
Bruno's .travis.yml based on your original solution using boostdep, and
Rene's solution. I appreciate everything everyone has done but I feel I
will be spending too much time on a product ( Travis CI ) for which I
understand little, which is difficult to use, and whose documentation is
appalling. I just have better things to do ( like programming <g> ) than
to joust with Travis CI. I understand of course that is is "free" but I
don't see it as a good solution to continuous testing.