Subject: [boost] [sort] Parallel sorting sub-library mini-review conclusion
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-21 21:16:14

The Boost.Sort parallel sorting sub-library mini-review is now complete.
There was interest expressed in using this library, and all complaints
about its ability to work were corrected.
For that reason, I'm going to accept it into the Boost.Sort library,
subject to these conditions:

   1. Francisco should investigate the reverse-sorted data optimization and
   see if he can integrate it without significantly impacting performance for
   other data sets.
   2. Francisco should investigate why Asynchronous quick_intro_sort
   outperforms Boost parallel sort, and consider adopting the techniques or
   source of that library call with Christophe's permission.
   3. We need to integrate the documentation with the rest of Boost.Sort so
   that it works properly with QuickBook, and the documentation will need some
   editing.
   4. Francisco will maintain the Parallel sorting sub-library.

Thanks for all the feedback from participants, and Congratulations
Francisco!