Subject: Re: [boost] Asynchronous library now in Boost Library Incubator
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-01 05:27:32

visible.

It isn't visibility that's the problem, it's the seeing the wood for the trees.
The more good stuff you write, the more trees there are and the more difficult it is to get to what you want.

Indexes and the 'find key' are two helpers.

With html, you can't use the 'find key' in the *whole* docs, so you can't get to all the references to, say', "future". Searching
*all* the document is why Google does so well for us.

I googled "boost quickbook code snippets" and got to a page, but I had to use the 'find key' to get to the info I wanted to give
you.

Code Snippet Markup

Note how the code snippets in stub.cpp get marked up. We use distinguishable comments following the form:

//[furtures_example_1
  some code here
//] [/furtures_example_1]

(Hint: A [/furtures_example_1] comment here helps you avoid mismatched 'brackets' confusion).

My experience of maintaining Boost.Math is that it is all too easy to alter the example code, but forget to alter the copy'n'pasted
part into the docs.

Recommended.

Paul

---