Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [regression] Are tests not running?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-01 10:41:58

AMDG

On 12/01/2016 08:17 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Re rsync.. Really? When I first implemented this it seemed rsync did fine
> with the compressed files. It correctly sent small chunks over on the spots
> that changed only. Now the chunks contained more than just the small file
> segments.. But it seemed that it was still sending over a small overall
> change.

  rsync did work with the compressed files.
It just worked better with uncompressed.
My guess was that the main reason for the
improvement is that rsync's own compression
is ineffective on files that have already
been compressed. Since disk space is becoming
an issue, turning on compression should be
fine.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe