Subject: Re: [boost] [process] Formal Review starts today, 27 October
From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemens.morgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-04 14:49:19

Am 20.11.2016 um 17:52 schrieb Bjorn Reese:
> On 11/20/2016 05:04 PM, Klemens Morgenstern wrote:
>
>> No, but who - except you - cares?
>
> I am trying to help you with a more generic API for asynchronous
> operations. If you support asio::async_result, then you get all sorts
> of integration, including with coroutines and fibers, for free.
> When Nat asked about fibers, you responded that you were open to
> suggestions, so I would have thought that you cared too.

So, after further consideration, i.e. writing an example, I decided to
add `async_system` and remove system(yield_context) in favor of it.
Now integrating async_result into system, would've been pure horror,
which is why I rejected that, but that actually made my yield_context
implementation look unecessary complicated.

So you will have a function `async_system(io_service& ios, Exithandler
&& handler, Args...args);` where args are the usual properties and the
return value will be obtained from async_result.

That seems to be the better approach in general. I'll have it documented
sometime next week.