Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization][ublas][test] failures in serialization causing regressions
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-06 15:49:18

On 12/6/16 12:22 PM, Barend Gehrels wrote:

> For your information:
>
> Because it is only in develop and not in master, it is currently not a
> problem for users. It was inconvenient for us (checking regressions) but
> luckily there were some columns not affected, and in the meantime I
> merged to master again and that looks good.
>
> Per release 1.64 we, as Boost.Geometry, will stop using Ublas. We
> currently use it only internally for matrix inversion and products, and
> will do that with Boost.QVM. That is basically already applied (but not
> yet submitted), but it is too late for this release, and not necessary
> because master is OK.

I've checked in a fix into the develop branch. I havn't yet seen the
results of the ublas tests but I'm hopeful that this problem will
disappear. For me it's not really an ublas problem but a serialization
library backwards compatibility problem.

The only problem now is that the fix breaks the test_array in the
serialization library due to some behavior of the build system which we
haven't been unable to pin down. Very annoying.

I'm curious as to why you replaced ublas with QVM. Why was one superior
to the other?