Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.IOStreams mapped_file_sink missing flush() functionality
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-11 12:59:08

On 12/5/2016 4:30 PM, AB wrote:
> Hello, I wish to bring to your attention two issues regarding mapped_file_sink from Boost.IOStreams (release 1.62.0):
>
> 1. There is no member function `mapped_file_sink::flush()` which I would like to use in my program. I believe it could be implemented portably by using `msync()` for POSIX and `FlushViewOfFile()` for Windows; was the omission of this function a deliberate choice or a minor oversight?

Not being the original developer I cannot give you an answer. But if you
have code which you feel should work, please create a PR. You could
alternately add a Boost trac item for your suggestion.

> 2. The member functions `begin()` and `end()` are implemented for mapped_file_sink but are not documented! This will lead to programmers relying strictly on the docs to use `data()` and `data()+size()` instead. Please update the documentation for the next release 1.63.0.

I have updated the iostream doc on the 'develop' branch regarding this
but will wait for 1.64 release. Thanks for pointing it out.