Subject: [boost] [algorithm] split_copy
From: Chambers, Matthew (matt.chambers42_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-13 15:43:53

I like the simplicity and flexibility of boost::algorithm::split, but whenever I do some one-off, trivial split with it where performance
isn't an issue, I find myself wishing that I didn't have to predeclare the result container. That is, I want a split_copy which returns the
result container by value, analogous to the many other *_copy functions in boost::algorithm. This turns the split into an easy to read
one-liner. Is there a technical reason that this doesn't exist, or just something the boost::algorithms developer didn't think was
sufficiently sweet (syntactic-sugar-wise) to add?

Thanks,
-Matt