Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator][type_traits] A test is failing with gcc inc++03mode
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-17 12:31:57

Edward Diener wrote:

> Your suggestion worked brilliantly. With -std=gnu++03 references to
> references are fine. However it looks like zip_iterator may need to be
> changed so that if references to references are not supported it should
> not be used. I did not write or update zip_iterator; Kohei Takahashi did
> the work of updating it.

It's not us forming the reference to reference, it's the __is_abstract
intrinsic, so that's arguably a bug in the compiler.

There's something odd in your error message though.

>> error: forming reference to reference type
>> 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&'
>> pair(const _T1& __a, const _T2& __b)
>> ^~~~

__cxx11 looks C++11 specific, and in -std=c++03 mode std::string shouldn't
contain C++11 things, so there could be something else going wrong here.