Subject: Re: [boost] Review quality [ was stack trace review]
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-02 08:48:52

> Here's what I would do, which might create an incentive for people to
> pay more attention:

For many years now I have been a champion of an additional boost-testing
distribution in addition to the main distribution. To join boost-testing
one simply sends a pull request adding your github repo to the
superrepo. A hook script verifies the new repo compiles and passes all
its unit tests against the most recently released boost distro. If after
that your github repo sees no updates to its master branch in a month,
it gets auto expunged from the boost-testing superrepo by a script.

*After* a boost main distro release, boost-testing is run against the
just released Boost from thence onwards. One month later all
boost-testing subprojects passing all their tests are assembled by a
script into a boost-testing release distro and automatically published.

This proposal was not smiled upon in the past, so it hasn't happened.
But if someone were to just go ahead and do it anyway, it might just get
itself some legs and become inevitable.

Niall