Subject: [boost] tensor library
From: Paulo Pereira (paulojose.desousapereira_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-09 10:44:23

Hello everyone,

I am new in the community. I would like to ask, how interesting would be to
have in boost a new container with multiple indices (tensor) using variadic
templates. I know that Boost.MultiArray library already exists in boost.
However I think it does not fulfill the readability and
friendliness of something like:

newlib::tensor<3,double> t(2,2,3);
t(0,0,0)=1;

also with extra possibilities similar to Matlab/Octave

t(newlib::all,1)=0;

I would also like to add mathematical operations
t1=t2+t3;

using lazy evaluation like in armadillo package or in the David Abrahams
and Aleksey Gurtovoy book (C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools,
and Techniques from Boost and Beyond). I fell that something similar
to this is very important for numerical calculations and somehow it is
not a standard in C++ (maybe I am missing something).

Best regards, Paulo