Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in updated expression template library?
From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-10 21:50:32

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 7:35 AM, Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> In the examples you will find nearly all of the Proto examples reproduced,
> each in a-bit-less to dramatically-less code. The only Proto examples that
> were left out were ones that are now trivial using Yap due to differences
> in design.

As I am sure you know, Proto makes use of a context class to define the meaning of the expression trees. As a consequence, the same expression tree can be given different meanings by evaluating it with different context types. It seems that Yap defines the meaning in terms of a set of function overloads. Is it possible to give Yap expressions different meanings in the same sense that Proto does or is a single meaning encapsulated in the overload set? If the latter, then it seems that this should be pointed out explicitly in the documentation. If the former, clarifying how to accomplish this would be helpful.

Cheers,
Brook