Subject: Re: [boost] shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-13 11:59:26

On 13.01.2017 07:12, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]

Good integration with github (including PRs) is one of the most
important and compelling reasons to use the github issue trackers, IMO.

>>> Some Boost libraries have Github issues disabled. That suggests the author
>>> prefers to get issues through Trac.
>> The question of migrating issue tracking never came up formally.
> I think I recall that it was discussed but put in the 'too-difficult drawer' for the time being ;-)

Well, perhaps it was framed wrongly ? For avoidance of doubt: I'm fully
with Robert here: the question shouldn't be whether all boost projects
should switch to github issue tracking, but rather whether they *may*
move away from the trac tracker to whatever they else they prefer.

> And the issue keeps bubbling up from time to time...

Because the current situation is quite unsatisfactory.

        Stefan