Subject: Re: [boost] [metal] Feature Complete - Request for Feedback
From: Bruno Dutra (brunocodutra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-21 19:32:55

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Deniz Bahadir via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ahh, clicking the panel makes sense. :-)
> I did not try this before and thought that doc-generation just failed
> there (or that none was available).
> Maybe, you should change the default view to be expanded (if possible).

Thanks for your feedback, it is now obvious that collapsible panels are not
intuitive and need to be improved.
I started a discussion about this here:
https://github.com/brunocodutra/metal/issues/56

> Our problem is, that we never really used Boost.MPL directly. We just got
> it for "free" as a (costly) dependency through other Boost libraries (e.g.
> Boost.MSM). So, I am not really looking forward to changing anything there.
> Using "find/replace", however, to just change the namespaces would have
> been a great (= easy) solution.

I believe this is a fairly common issue, because MPL has been around for so
many years and so many core libraries depend on it. This has always been a
personal concern of mine, in fact I even opened a side project within Metal
that aims to address the problem by providing a minimal implementation of
MPL that could be used as a drop in replacement for use cases like yours.
See https://github.com/brunocodutra/metal/projects