Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry:R-tree serialization
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-06 16:39:28

Hi Ruoyun,

Ruoyun Jing Via Boost wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> My name is Ruoyun Jing, I am an undergraduate student in Northwest
> University(China) of Software Engineering.Although i am a girl,i really
> love coding and algorithms!!! I've coded many algorithms problems with C++
> and Python,and got Bronze Metal in ACMICPC Asia Shenyang Regional
> contest. GSoC is really a precious chance for me to get in touch with open
> source software.
>
> After reading all the organizations and their projects, I'm pretty
> interested in R-tree serialization in Boost.Geometry. Despite my lack of
> project experience,i will try my best to learn ,code and communicate with
> mentor!!!

It's great you decided to participate in GSoC. If you pick the R-tree
serialization project I'll be your mentor. If you have any questions
feel free to ask.

Have you developed any open source library in the past that you could
show? If not then we've prepared a competency test so you'd have to
write some code and attach it to the project proposal. The requirements
are listed on the Boost GSoC webpage
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 (it seems to be working now).

Adam