Subject: Re: [boost] [safe_numerics] One more review
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-11 17:51:28

On 2017-03-11 10:00, Antony Polukhin via Boost wrote:
> - What is your evaluation of the design?
>
> Looks good, simple to use.
>
> I'd like to see an additional statefull ExceptionPolicy that remembers
> that an UB was triggered, but does not throw at all. Here's how it
> could be used:

I would also vote for a class similar like that. However, i would move
the whole interface closer to expected in that case. e.g. I might want
to know what happened. Lets call this class checked<int>.

The behaviour should be like this: all operations between a checked<int>
and other integers should work independent of the state of the
checked<int> object. However the value of a checked<int> can only be
obtained using:

checked<int> myInt= ...
if(myInt){
     int val = myInt.value();