Subject: Re: [boost] Project R-tree Serialisation
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-15 22:58:37

Hi Kabir,

Kabir Sahni Via Boost wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am midway through my competency test.I wanted to know whether working of
> serialisatjon for n dimensional point is the only thing to be demonstrated
> in main.cpp file.

The minimal requirement is the support for model::point and
model::point_xy but supporting additional geometries esspecially
model::box and model::segment (since they're also indexable by the
R-tree) will be a plus. Another plus would be if the serialization
worked for any type adapted to Point/Box/Segment concept but I'm affraid
that this would require changes in Boost.Serialization. But you could
propose such a change in the proposal if that was something you'd need.

Adam