Subject: Re: [boost] [partly OT] Re: [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-16 19:08:36

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If we "require" git, note that we'll be strapping ourselves to git for a
> very long times. Good or Bad it should be considered. If that's good, we
> might just deemphasize distribution via zip file and just encourage people
> to clone the git repository. For me this is a convenient way to work.
>
> But what about when boost outlives git - as it has a host of other projects,
> services (like sourceforge)

I think when you say git you mean GitHub (since issues are a GitHub
feature not a git feature).

GitHub has an API allowing you to extract all the issues, so if Boost
does outlive GitHub then there is a path for migrating all of the data
by extracting it first:
https://developer.github.com/v3/