Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] Proposed new policy to enter the review queue
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 13:48:25

> I'm really mystified by how almost any discussion on this list
> eventually turn magically into discussions about tools. It's the boost's
> community's main fetish.

Well, everyone has an opinion on tooling e.g. love/hate on cmake.

The reason I keep returning to upgrading Trac is that I did do a
comprehensive survey of alternatives to Trac some years ago, and I came
to the conclusion that Trac was actually the most attractive for a long
list of good reasons. For the record, I didn't start out expecting that,
but the hard evidence changed my opinion.

> What most people here seem to agree on is how hard it is for Boost to
> change anything. So why don't we talk about the reasons for that, and
> how to improve, rather than waste our energy on tool discussions ?

Every proposal I've ever made to fix this has been rejected. I've given up.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting