Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 Delayed because of Microsoft (version numbers)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-19 14:52:02

What a shambles :-(

> I am in favor of option 2. - as the least worst.

+1

NAME == $(PlatformToolsetVersion)

Paul

PS What happened to plans to change the name to include the address-model?
(So that all the library files can be dumped into one folder).

Although I am now quite happy using two folders that I have called /win32 and /x64 (both fairly daft names but with at least a tiny
amount of logic), it requires a cunning boost.props file to make it work invisibly, and a more complex build .bat to push the two
variants into the right folder.

Isn't the whole (excellent) idea of auto-linking to make it simple?

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB