Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: New Boost library policy text ready for approval
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-20 17:14:40

On 20.03.2017 13:05, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> The only reservation that I have about this idea is that closely
> couples Boost to Github.
>
> I can see the appeal and merit of this idea though. Maybe we should
> go the full monty, give up on SourceForgeand ask users to just clone
> the boost superproject to their own machine and use their own copy of
> git.

Why would anyone wanting to contribute a new library to Boost have to
clone the Boost super-project ? While the Boost modularization effort
unfortunately hasn't come very far, there is no reason for new
submissions not to be modular right from the start.
New libraries should be buildable with a pre-existing Boost
installation, which makes life much simpler for everyone involved. And
whether at a later point in time (after acceptance) the build process
would have to change so the new library is built as part of the rest of
Boost or stand-alone can still be decided later.

        Stefan