Subject: [boost] [gsoc17]Dynamic Shortest Path Computation
From: A.I (a.i_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-22 03:50:34

Hi, everyone,

I am Donghyuk Kim, a Ph.D. Student at KAIST(Korea Advanced Institute of
Science and Technology) in South Korea.

I've been studying motion/path planning algorithm and I'd like to contribute
to a specific algorithm,
"Dynamic Shortest Path Computation" in Boost graph library as a google
summer code project.

It is a tree-based data structure for maintaining single-source to all
destination shortest path. It is also known that it outperforms the
recomputation of Dijkstra or A* where insertion and deletion of vertex/edge
can frequently happen.

Here you can check my brief CV including educational/programming background
and my interests.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/donghyuk-kim-54223355/

Most of my source codes (research/project-purpose things) are in a private
repository by our policy, for this reason, the only thing I can share is the
below one:
https://github.com/aidyk/SGMP

The concept of "Dynamic Shortest Path Computation" was originally introduced
in
[Fully Dynamic Algorithms for Maintaining Shortest Paths Trees] by D.
Frigioni, et al.
(http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=338900)

I've already implemented a prototype for my research, but testing, coding
style unification and much more c++ style modification are required for
general purpose.

I hope someone find it interesting and be a mentor in this journey.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Donghyuk Kim
a.i_at_[hidden]