Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 4.0.0 MPL error in Boost next.hpp and prior.hpp
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-26 15:22:47

On 3/26/2017 7:59 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> but I strongly believe that my Boost PP config.hpp for
>> -fno-ms-compatibility is correct. I could not follow on your
>> subsequent posts what you are doing so if you can stick to a single
>> reply it would be appreciated.
>
> TL;DR as I said yesterday, you need to to the changes unconditionally
> for __clang__ and not look at __GNUC__.

I do not understand this. You are saying that __clang__ being defined
and _MSC_VER being defined should always be strict compliance with
variadics turned on but without any VC++ related fixes ? What about the
so-called emulation by clang of the non-standard VC++ preprocessor ? it
does not work of course but you still want me to ignore it completely
and consider that clang targeting VC++ ( aka clang-cl in clang for
Windows ) uses a C++ standard preprocessor ?