Subject: Re: [boost] [VS2017][release] vswhere.exe
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-29 14:59:09

On 03/29/17 16:43, degski via Boost wrote:
> On 28 March 2017 at 08:34, Rene Rivera via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> And at least because of license issues I'm not comfortable
>> including it in the Boost tree, or install.
>
> Why don't you simply ask them, whether it is OK to include vswhere.exe in
> the boost distribution?

Please, no binaries in source distributions. This removes the
transparency that is expected from such distributions.

Everything that is needed to build Boost from sources should be present
on the developer's machine. If MS fails to provide all required
components for that, the users will have to suffer.