Subject: Re: [boost] [VS2017][release] vswhere.exe
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-04 22:13:16

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 12:13 AM, Rene Rivera via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We just ask users to run the bootstrap/build from the VS command prompt
> which defines VS150COMNTOOLS. That way we can use the existing logic we
> have for that. And the user doesn't have to install mystery executables.
> When Microsoft fixes this mess we can support their fix.
>
> Thoughts?

Works for me.

Is this only needed for bootstrap.bat? Is Boost.Build still able to
create the .cmd helper scripts with environment setup so that users
don't have to run b2 from the VS command line prompt (after the
scripts have been created, naturally)?